wait what

your mom.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Going MIA is totally the way to create a sexy aura of mystery about you.

First off, I have to say that I have no idea how I missed this [okay, that's a lie, I live under a rock and never have much of a clue what's going on outside of my head], but on August 24th, the FDA approved Plan B as an OTC drug for women over the age of 18. From what I've been able to tell it won't be available until later on this year or in the beginning of 2007, but this is such excellent news. This approval makes me feel a little more secure in regards to aspects of the future as it pertains to women in this country. How nice to hear about things that allow women to continue to have control over their bodies, as opposed to legislation working to do just the opposite! As I see it, this is such a positive step.

FDA Press Release - FDA Approves Over-the-Counter Access for Plan B for Women 18 and Older


Moving on, today was just a really, really great day. After being sick and feeling fairly crappy for the past week [fridge died and I swear I ate something that'd gone bad in it, who knows], I was back in class and feeling good today. Ballet and pointe went wonderfully and I just felt well all around. Had a doctor's appointment to establish myself with a primary care group here and had an excellent experience with the folks I met there. West Penn Medical Associates, everyone. DO IT. [Haha. Honestly though, if you're in the P.burgh and need a doctor, I highly recommend it.]

In addition to all that, I came across a flyer on the PBTS bulletin board today after class...ballet teacher needed for advanced level @ Pitt. adjf;iewarjfajfesjrlwedre!!!! [Something along the lines of that came into my head.] I've been looking around a little bit for a potential teaching job in the 'burgh but I hadn't come across anything. AND HERE was my ideal teaching situation- advanced dancers, college level, yadda yadda. Communicated with the girl in charge and it looks like I've got the job. I'll obviously do a trial class and see how I work with her and the girls[/guys?] in class, but if all goes well I'll have a weekly hour and a half ballet class all to myself to teach! For a whole year! And they'd pay me! SQUEEEEE! Hearing back from the girl just was another excellent addition to my day. I am really effing excited.

Matt was here for the weekend, which of course was wonderful. Deirdre and I have been hanging out a lot because we're hella awesome like that. And I'm just so happy to be feeling well and all that good stuff.


And some photographic ridiculousness so as not to disappoint my dear fans. *cough*

Me rocking out. [Clearly.]


Oh yeah I also got a new Wilco sticker so now both of my Nalgenes have Wilco stickers on them. Which makes me deliriously happy.


And me being highly excited about eating some tasty, still-warm, lightly toasted whole wheat pita. [Booyah.]



Now to pass the hell out because I'm ridiculously tired for only dancing part of the day today.

1 Comments:

Blogger L said...

I'm so glad I randomly checked your blog via the link in your AIM buddy info. I feel better informed. :) I am missing out on all your quiet storm action!

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home